Typical ArresterWorks Projects
Forensic Analysis of Failed Arresters
This is the most comprehensive analysis of failed arresters anywhere. 18-30 pages of analysis and cause of failure conclusions.
- In depth examination of the available parts.
- Close-up photography and microscopic photography to identify cause of failure.
- Gas analysis of unfailed partner arresters if available.
- Analysis of electrical characteristics of available disks. Any disk can be analyzed no matter how damaged.
- Leak checking using the appropriate method (HMS, vacuum, die penetrate, pressure decay) of failed and unfailed partner arresters
- In depth review of potential causes of failure and rationale of which ones are possible and which
ones are not. The list includes.
Moisture Ingress Improper MCOV or TOV Rating Excessive Partial Discharge Unbalanced Electric Field Lightning Misalignment of Disk Column: Temporary Overvoltage Improper Spring Pressure Switching Surge Overload Mechanical Stress Aging of Disks Burrs External Contamination Insufficient Dielectric Strength
- And much more...
- Arresters that can be Analyzed: Porcelain 3-500kV, Polymer 3-500kV, Underoil, Elbow, Secondary.
Contact Jonathan Woodworth at 716 307 2431 or at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to make arrangements for a quote.